- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
Six dead in four separate shootings in Flint, Mich.
FLINT, Mich. -- Six people were found shot to death within hours of each other in the Flint area.
Five of the victims died Thursday in three separate shootings, and the body of the sixth was discovered earlier in the day in nearby Oakland County.
In Genesee County, a man and woman were found dead in a sport utility vehicle outside the Mount Morris Township police station. They were apparently killed in the Saginaw area, about 30 miles north, police said.
In Flint, two men were shot to death and a third was seriously wounded when someone stood outside a building and fired about 20 shots into it.
Separately in Flint, a man was shot and killed as he sat in his car with a female companion.
In Oakland County's Springfield Township, a passer-by found a man's body along a road, wearing only in a T-shirt, police said.