- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cape's Christmas Hoot scheduled for this weekend
Cape Girardeau's annual "Christmas Hoot" will take place this Friday and Saturday in the city's historical riverfront business area.
Nearly a decade old, the Christmas Hoot features live music at a variety of downtown establishments. It is a charity event to which the bands and workers donate their time.
Money is collected from participating clubs as well as donations gathered by "Santa's helpers," who will appear periodically both nights courtesy of River City Limousine Service.
Proceeds will be given to the Cottonwood Residential Treatment Center, a Missouri Department of Mental Health facility for adolescents, and used to buy Christmas gifts.
The first leg of the Hoot will kick off Friday evening. There should be something for all tastes with the band line-up including blues, jazz, country, classic rock, alternative, folk and Americana, organizers say.
Bands will begin playing around 7:30 or 8 p.m. Those interested can check with their favorite club or watch for upcoming promotions for more detailed scheduling information.
On Saturday, the Indigo will host this year's Hoot finale beginning at 8 p.m. Always a crowd favorite in the past, the evening will showcase musicians who performed the previous day. Music will focus on "holiday" fare.
Clubs and restaurants participating in the Christmas Hoot include Breakaways, Broussards, Camp Family Restaurant, Indigo, Mollies, Phat Cat, Players, Pour House, Rude Dog Pub, Space Walk Cafe and Touch of Grace Coffee Shop.