- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cuban pitcher Jose Contreras can start contract talks with all major league teams after being declared a free agent Wednesday by the commissioner's office. Contreras has established residency in Nicaragua, and the commissioner's office notified all teams that they could negotiate with the right-hander.
Miami Heat coach Pat Riley was fined $50,000 by the NBA on Wednesday for saying game officials are being unfair to his team because of a "dislike of me over the years." Riley made the comments after a 97-92 loss to the New York Knicks last week.
Alabama hired Washington State's Mike Price as its new football coach, ending a two-week search for someone to guide the Crimson Tide through NCAA sanctions. "I feel we have hired an outstanding person as well as an excellent football coach," athletic director Mal Moore said in a statement posted on Alabama's Web site Wednesday.
Tulsa hired Buffalo Bills assistant Steve Kragthorpe as its head coach. Kragthorpe will replace Keith Burns, who resigned under pressure Dec. 2 after winning just two games in the last two seasons, university spokesman Don Tomkalski said Wednesday. Kragthorpe has coached Buffalo's quarterbacks for two seasons.
Longtime defensive coordinator Bill Doba was hired Wednesday as football coach at Washington State following Mike Price's departure for Alabama. The 62-year-old Doba has never been a college head coach. He was the last remaining member of the original staff Price hired when he arrived at Washington State in 1989.
Louisville's John L. Smith will talk with Michigan State about its football coaching vacancy today. Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich said Wednesday night that he granted permission for Spartans officials to talk with Smith.
Tennis players must take random blood tests to check for the banned endurance-enhancing substance EPO starting next month. The plan to test for EPO -- short for erythropoieten, which raises the oxygen-carrying capacity of blood -- was presented to players at Wimbledon last summer.
-- From wire reports