- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
AVELLA, Pa. -- Paul Kabo, 93, of Avella died Monday, Dec. 16, 2002, at Washington Hospital.
He was born Nov. 16, 1909, son of Joseph and Mary Fetchick Kabo. He and June J. Marshinsky were married Dec. 6, 1932.
Kabo was a lifelong resident of Cross Creek Township, Pa. He retired from Industrial Gasket and Shim Co. in 1976.
He was a member of Cross Creek Grange No. 954 many years, and had served as master, treasurer, lecturer and steward. He was a member of Old Time Fiddlers Association, and was one of the 11 original organizers and first president of Tri-State Historical Steam Engine Association.
Survivors include his wife of Palm Bay, Fla.; three daughters, June Peterson of Ventura, Calif., Evelyn Dobroski of Burgettstown, Pa., Loretta Peeples of Fernandina Beach, Fla.; a son, the Rev. Paul Kabo Jr. of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Sue Zatta of Avella; eight grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two sisters and a brother.
Friends may call at Jerome A. Stefkovich Funeral Home in Avella from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kenneth Schott officiating. Burial will be in Our Lady of Lourdes Cemetery in Burgettstown.