- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Deadline for toy dropoff is noon today
A family of four boys all made the same Christmas gift request -- new Jimmy Neutron backpacks.
The children, 5, 9 and 11, need the backpacks for school, their mother said. But that isn't the only thing they'd like this Christmas. Josh, the 5-year-old, wants some cars and trucks and likes Disney movies. Jake, 9, wants a music keyboard and would love art supplies. Jeff, the 11-year-old, likes games and Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. He also would like a remote-controlled car.
There's barely enough time left for Christmas shopping, but Toybox still could use gifts for these children and the nearly 1,200 who have asked for holiday gifts.
Toybox is a joint program of the Southeast Missourian and Cape Girardeau Jaycees that provides gifts to needy children up to age 12. More than 500 families have asked for some assistance this year with their Christmas gift-buying.
Donations need to be received by noon today at the drop-off locations so they can be used for delivery Thursday.
Donations of new, unused toys are being collected at Southeast Missourian offices in Cape Girardeau and Jackson, AAA Travel Agency, First National Bank, First Missouri State Bank, Bank of America, Sanders True Value, Bank of Missouri, Capaha Bank, Cingular Wireless, Union Planters Bank, Alliance Bank, Toys R Us, Commerce Bank, Westfield Shoppingtown West Park, U.S. Bank and Wehrenberg Theatres.
Tax-deductible contributions can be mailed to Toybox Trust at P.O. Box 4, Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63702-0004.