- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Military digest 12/16/02
Middleton commissioned as second lieutenant
Brandon C. Middleton of Advance, Mo., has received a commission of second lieutenant in the Army Reserve through the ROTC Early Commissioning Program. Middleton graduated with an associate degree from Marion Military Institute in Marion, Ala.
The ECP offered at Marion Military Institute allows students to earn a commission of second lieutenant in the Army after only two years of college. The officers are assigned to an Army reserve component unit, actively participate in unit training assemblies and receive pay and benefit entitlements.
After being commissioned, they have 36 months to complete additional academic requirements to receive a bachelor's degree at a four-year college or university offering an Army ROTC program.
Middleton is the son of Tim Middleton and Melinda Masters, both of Advance. He graduated from Advance High School in 2000.
-- From staff reports