- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Elephant at Miami zoo critically injures zookeeper
MIAMI -- An elephant knocked a zookeeper down and repeatedly kicked him into a pile of rocks, critically injuring him, officials said Sunday.
A crowd of visitors, including children, witnessed the attack, zoo spokesman Ron Magill told WFOR-TV.
The 31-year-old victim was knocked unconscious and suffered a laceration to his head and a back injury. He was in critical condition at Jackson Memorial Hospital.
The zookeeper had worked at the zoo for about two months.
Metrozoo, in southwest Miami-Dade County, did not immediately return a phone call Sunday.