- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Elephant at Miami zoo critically injures zookeeper
MIAMI -- An elephant knocked a zookeeper down and repeatedly kicked him into a pile of rocks, critically injuring him, officials said Sunday.
A crowd of visitors, including children, witnessed the attack, zoo spokesman Ron Magill told WFOR-TV.
The 31-year-old victim was knocked unconscious and suffered a laceration to his head and a back injury. He was in critical condition at Jackson Memorial Hospital.
The zookeeper had worked at the zoo for about two months.
Metrozoo, in southwest Miami-Dade County, did not immediately return a phone call Sunday.