- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)4
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
Elephant at Miami zoo critically injures zookeeper
MIAMI -- An elephant knocked a zookeeper down and repeatedly kicked him into a pile of rocks, critically injuring him, officials said Sunday.
A crowd of visitors, including children, witnessed the attack, zoo spokesman Ron Magill told WFOR-TV.
The 31-year-old victim was knocked unconscious and suffered a laceration to his head and a back injury. He was in critical condition at Jackson Memorial Hospital.
The zookeeper had worked at the zoo for about two months.
Metrozoo, in southwest Miami-Dade County, did not immediately return a phone call Sunday.