- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Elephant at Miami zoo critically injures zookeeper
MIAMI -- An elephant knocked a zookeeper down and repeatedly kicked him into a pile of rocks, critically injuring him, officials said Sunday.
A crowd of visitors, including children, witnessed the attack, zoo spokesman Ron Magill told WFOR-TV.
The 31-year-old victim was knocked unconscious and suffered a laceration to his head and a back injury. He was in critical condition at Jackson Memorial Hospital.
The zookeeper had worked at the zoo for about two months.
Metrozoo, in southwest Miami-Dade County, did not immediately return a phone call Sunday.