- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
St. Paul Lutheran Church in Jackson was the setting June 14, 2002, for the wedding of Laurie Ann Dockins and Kevin Dale Dixon. The Rev. David Johnson performed the ceremony. Soloist was Julie Walker.
Parents of the couple are Jerry and Carolyn Dockins and Kenneth and Betty Dixon, all of Jackson.
The bride was presented in marriage by her parents.
Best man was Tracey Hea of St. Louis.
The groom chose his father as best man.
Following the ceremony, a reception and dinner was held at Celebrations in Cape Girardeau.
Mrs. Dixon is a graduate of Jackson High School and Barnes Hospital School of Nursing. She is a registered nurse.
The groom is a graduate of Jackson High School, received a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Missouri-Columbia, and a master's degree in telecommunications from the University of Colorado. He is a major in the U.S. Air Force and serves as an intelligence officer in the office of the secretary of defense.
After a wedding trip to Fiji, the couple is residing in Alexandria, Va.