- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Vergie Lipe-McRaven, 78, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Dec. 12, 2002, at Ratliff Care Center.
She was born June 29, 1924, at Naylor, Mo., daughter of Joseph and Edith Foltz. She first married Claude Eugene Lipe, and later married Mac McRaven. Both preceded her in death.
Survivors include six sons, Lonnie and David Lipe of Union, Mo., Michael Lipe of Perryville, Mo., Claude and Eddie Lipe of Thebes, Ill., Richard Lipe of Danville, Ill.; five daughters, Betty Cantlon of Lovington, Ill., Brenda Orick of Union, Claudia Chumley of Little Rock, Ark., Gerry Lipe of Paragould, Ark., and Pamela Holt of Decatur, Ill.
Also surviving is a sister, Ann Loyd of Marble Hill, Mo.; three brothers, Eugene and Robert Foltz of Tamms, Ill., Alva Foltz of Round Rock, Texas; 25 grandchildren; and 24 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two sisters and three grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at Beach Grove Baptist Church in Thebes.
The Cremation Society of St. Louis is in charge of arrangements.