- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
YOUNT, Mo. -- U. Sherman Hahn, 78, of Arnold, Mo., died Thursday, Dec. 12, 2002, in Arnold.
He was born Nov. 7, 1924, at Yount, son of Joseph Franklin and Mattie Cones Hahn. He first married Wanda Fay French Dec. 16, 1944. She died Aug. 30, 1999. He later married Jackie.
Hahn retired as a mechanic at Lindbergh Cadillac in St. Louis. He was a member of St. John's Lutheran Church in Arnold, Machinist Local 777 and VFW Post 4282 in Perryville, Mo.
He served in the U.S. Army 11th Airborne Division and was a veteran of World War II.
Survivors include two sons, Arthur Hahn of Barnhart, Mo., Ron Hahn of Arnold; two daughters, Sharon Presnell of Arnold, Ellen Dunman of Villa Ridge, Mo.; and seven grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville from 4 to 9 p.m. today, and Sunday after 8 a.m.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Craig Otto officiating. Burial will be in Whitewater Christian Cemetery, with military graveside service by American Legion Post 133 in Perryville.