- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
Joe Russell gets high praise from friends in Texas
To the editor:
In response to the article "Cape man recognized for dedication to Boy Scouts": We just read the very fine article on Joe Russell.
We have known Mr. Russell for approximately 45 years and agree with the article. We became friends of Mr. Russell when we were all members of the First Baptist Church and he was our lawyer in 1960. He is one of the most dedicated Christian men you will find anywhere. Our son was always in the Boy Scouts. We know the advantages of the teachings of the Boy Scouts. Our daughter also enjoyed the Girl Scouts for several years.
Thanks, Joe Russell, for a job well-done.
LEE and MARY OLSON