- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Joe Russell gets high praise from friends in Texas
To the editor:
In response to the article "Cape man recognized for dedication to Boy Scouts": We just read the very fine article on Joe Russell.
We have known Mr. Russell for approximately 45 years and agree with the article. We became friends of Mr. Russell when we were all members of the First Baptist Church and he was our lawyer in 1960. He is one of the most dedicated Christian men you will find anywhere. Our son was always in the Boy Scouts. We know the advantages of the teachings of the Boy Scouts. Our daughter also enjoyed the Girl Scouts for several years.
Thanks, Joe Russell, for a job well-done.
LEE and MARY OLSON