- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Mother charged after toddler falls out of moving car (7/29/16)3
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape to get small-market ride-sharing service carGO (7/29/16)10
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
Joe Russell gets high praise from friends in Texas
To the editor:
In response to the article "Cape man recognized for dedication to Boy Scouts": We just read the very fine article on Joe Russell.
We have known Mr. Russell for approximately 45 years and agree with the article. We became friends of Mr. Russell when we were all members of the First Baptist Church and he was our lawyer in 1960. He is one of the most dedicated Christian men you will find anywhere. Our son was always in the Boy Scouts. We know the advantages of the teachings of the Boy Scouts. Our daughter also enjoyed the Girl Scouts for several years.
Thanks, Joe Russell, for a job well-done.
LEE and MARY OLSON