- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)7
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Southeast president to get his U.S. citizenship July 4 (06/30/16)21
- Cape murderer still will serve 2 life sentences; appeals court forced reduced charge (06/30/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Joe Russell gets high praise from friends in Texas
To the editor:
In response to the article "Cape man recognized for dedication to Boy Scouts": We just read the very fine article on Joe Russell.
We have known Mr. Russell for approximately 45 years and agree with the article. We became friends of Mr. Russell when we were all members of the First Baptist Church and he was our lawyer in 1960. He is one of the most dedicated Christian men you will find anywhere. Our son was always in the Boy Scouts. We know the advantages of the teachings of the Boy Scouts. Our daughter also enjoyed the Girl Scouts for several years.
Thanks, Joe Russell, for a job well-done.
LEE and MARY OLSON