- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)6
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Joe Russell gets high praise from friends in Texas
To the editor:
In response to the article "Cape man recognized for dedication to Boy Scouts": We just read the very fine article on Joe Russell.
We have known Mr. Russell for approximately 45 years and agree with the article. We became friends of Mr. Russell when we were all members of the First Baptist Church and he was our lawyer in 1960. He is one of the most dedicated Christian men you will find anywhere. Our son was always in the Boy Scouts. We know the advantages of the teachings of the Boy Scouts. Our daughter also enjoyed the Girl Scouts for several years.
Thanks, Joe Russell, for a job well-done.
LEE and MARY OLSON