- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Tractor from Finland being sold in area
BERTRAND - A new tractor being used in Finland and other European countries has attracted the interest of two Southeast Missouri business owners.
Allen and Phyllis McKinley, owners of A-Mac Sales in Bertrand in Scott County, recently completed a 10-day trip to Finland where they visited the Valtra Factory, located 70 miles north of Helsinki.
The fifth largest tractor manufacturer in the world, Valtra produces the new Valtra S260, which features seven remote valves standard, air-ride front suspension, air-ride cab, 40-speed transmission creeper gears standard, front mount three-point hitch and PTO, about 35 mph road speed and 260 horsepower.
"Every time you rounded a corner or entered a new section of the factory everyone was working," said McKinley about the tour.
Also during the visit, they traveled to Estonia where they visited a 50,000-acre farm that had just taken delivery of six new S series tractors.
"We were able to spend time in the field with the tractors doing various tasks consisting of 30-foot mower-conditioner, 12-bottom breaking plow and roller, and 32-foot disc and roller. The tractor was awesome," said McKinley.
A-Mac Sales carries 70- and 200-horsepower Valtra tractors and will soon add the 260-horsepower MFWD.
The company also offers Stiner O-turn mowers, Mahindra tractors and Big Tex trailers.