- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Satellite TV business looking up
DONIPHAN -- Since moving his business from Fairdealing to Doniphan in 1995, Ron Litherland has been expanding services.
Litherland owns RJM Electronics off of Highway 160. RJM sells DishNetwork and DirecTV satellite systems, which use 18-inch to 22-inch satellite dishes. The satellite systems offer up to 180 television channels.
"We sell complete systems and do free installations for first-time customers," Bell said. "Customers can purchase their own equipment or take out a lease.
"We also sell components and do service work on equipment."
RJM's service base extends into four Missouri counties and parts of Arkansas. The business sold 250 satellite systems in 2001 and also started selling new and used computer systems.
"I have always enjoyed working with and servicing computers," Litherland said. "And I felt that the area needed a source for good used and new systems and peripherals at reasonable rates."
In the fall of 2001, Litherland started selling DirecPC satellite systems which use high speed Internet access via satellite rather than a phone line.
Litherland started the satellite business out of his Doniphan home in 1987.
"In 1987 we started selling c-band satellites, which are the large 12-foot dishes," he said. "In 1995 we were one of the first companies to offer Primestar in this area, and in 1996 we were one of the top 10 dealers in the nation."