- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Shelter Insurance to close Cape branch
Shelter Insurance Cos. will close its Cape Girardeau branch claims office and consolidate the Cape Girardeau claims operations into the companies' branch office in St. Louis, the company recently announced.
The closing, which affects about 11 employees, will take effect Feb. 1. The Cape Girardeau office is at 20 S. Mount Auburn Road.
Pat Gruber, Shelter's vice president of claims, said the employees would be offered positions as resident adjusters and work out of their homes, or they would be offered a severance payment when the office closes.