- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
The funeral for Jolene "Jo" Abbott of Cape Girardeau will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home. The Rev. Alvie Surface will officiate. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Friends may call at the funeral home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
Abbott, 74, died Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2002, at her home.
She was born March 16, 1928, in Bollinger County, Mo., daughter of John and Gracie Gertrude Mayfield Bollinger. She and Virgil Abbott were married at Jackson. He died March 8, 1998.
Abbott and her husband owned and operated Sound Track Music nearly 30 years.
Survivors include three sons, Terry Abbott of Cape Girardeau, Larry Abbott of Scott City, Greg Abbott of Jackson; three daughters, Malinda Heuer of Springfield, Mo., Becky Ford of Cape Girardeau, Bobbie Foster of Kelso, Mo.; two brothers, Bill Bollinger of Jackson, Kenny Bollinger of Patton, Mo.; 10 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a son, a brother, and two sisters.