- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Shortstop Royce Clayton and the Brewers agreed Wednesday to a one-year contract that guarantees him $1.75 million, with a club option for 2004.
The Royals announced a large expansion of the club's television presence, including plans to broadcast 100 regular season game in 2003 on Time Warner Cable systems in five states.
The Cubs locked up one catcher, signing Damian Miller to a two-year, $5.7 million deal. The All-Star catcher was acquired last month in a trade with the Diamondbacks. Eligible for arbitration, he could have gotten a raise from the $2.7 million he made last year.
Southern California offensive coordinator Norm Chow is the winner of the Broyles Award, given to the top assistant coach in college football.
Temple basketball coach John Chaney was released from the hospital after spending several days recovering from a mild case of pneumonia. He also remains questionable for Saturday's game at No. 15 Illinois.
Utah hired Bowling Green's Urban Meyer to replace the fired Ron McBride as its football coach.
The Blackhawks claimed Blues center Mike Eastwood off waivers, Chicago general manager Mike Smith said.
Jim Miller's season of pain is finally over. The Bears quarterback will miss the final three games with a sprained ligament and bone bruise in his left knee.
The NFL extended its agreement with DirecTV for five years, giving the satellite service exclusive rights to the league's subscription package in a deal worth $2 billion.
If the phone doesn't ring, it's me
With the wife of Rams quarterback Kurt Warner causing a flap in St. Louis last week by calling a radio talk show and claiming it was she -- not coach Mike Martz -- who ordered her husband to get his hand X-rayed, CBS's Jim Nantz asked Dan Marino if his wife ever did such a thing when Marino was playing for the Miami Dolphins.
"My wife doesn't even call me," Marino said. "There's no way she'd be calling a radio station."
Miami quarterback Ken Dorsey, appearing on "The Best Damn Sports Show Period," said he wouldn't mind sharing the Heisman Trophy with his teammate, running back Willis McGahee "just as long as I get the top half with the arm," Dorsey said. "Willis can have the legs."
Tom FitzGerald of the San Francisco Chronicle: "We hear ESPN's next movie will be about the Portland Trail Blazers. The working title is: "The Injunction Boys.'"
-- From wire reports