- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Downtown merchants' open house tonight
A special event involving two dozen merchants is expected to bring holiday shoppers to Cape Girardeau's downtown tonight. It is the Downtown Christmas Open House from 6 to 9 p.m. Participating merchants will not only stay open late, but they will create a holiday atmosphere for everyone.
It's a historical event because it has been a long time since downtown was open for retail business at night.
Refreshments will be served. There will be carolers, photos with Santa Claus, buggy rides and drawings for door prizes.
Every shopper who visits downtown during the open house will have an opportunity to qualify for a $2,000 shopping spree. Each entry sheet must be stamped by at least 12 of the 24 participating merchants. This special drawing will be held at 5:30 p.m. Monday at the Main Street clock.
Be sure to stop in for a visit at these participating downtown merchants: Renaissance, Ye Ole House, Port Cape Girardeau, Mollie's Cafe & Bar, Bella Italia Ristorante, Brick Street Gallery, Dockside Consignments, C.P. McGinty Jewelers, Jayson Jewelers, Zickfield Jewelers, My Daddy's Cheesecake, Kids Wear Again, Brown's Shoe Fit, Lang Jewelers, Hale's Fine Jewelry, Hecht's Store, Hecht's Woman, Annie Em's, Hutson's Fine Furniture, Royal N'Orleans Restaurant, Broussard's Cajun Cuisine, Shivelbine's Music Store, Bob's Shoe Service and Patricia Ann's.
The Southeast Missourian, sponsor of tonight's open house, also will be open as a gesture of our support.