- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)19
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)14
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Downtown merchants' open house tonight
A special event involving two dozen merchants is expected to bring holiday shoppers to Cape Girardeau's downtown tonight. It is the Downtown Christmas Open House from 6 to 9 p.m. Participating merchants will not only stay open late, but they will create a holiday atmosphere for everyone.
It's a historical event because it has been a long time since downtown was open for retail business at night.
Refreshments will be served. There will be carolers, photos with Santa Claus, buggy rides and drawings for door prizes.
Every shopper who visits downtown during the open house will have an opportunity to qualify for a $2,000 shopping spree. Each entry sheet must be stamped by at least 12 of the 24 participating merchants. This special drawing will be held at 5:30 p.m. Monday at the Main Street clock.
Be sure to stop in for a visit at these participating downtown merchants: Renaissance, Ye Ole House, Port Cape Girardeau, Mollie's Cafe & Bar, Bella Italia Ristorante, Brick Street Gallery, Dockside Consignments, C.P. McGinty Jewelers, Jayson Jewelers, Zickfield Jewelers, My Daddy's Cheesecake, Kids Wear Again, Brown's Shoe Fit, Lang Jewelers, Hale's Fine Jewelry, Hecht's Store, Hecht's Woman, Annie Em's, Hutson's Fine Furniture, Royal N'Orleans Restaurant, Broussard's Cajun Cuisine, Shivelbine's Music Store, Bob's Shoe Service and Patricia Ann's.
The Southeast Missourian, sponsor of tonight's open house, also will be open as a gesture of our support.