- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Judge denies request to revoke sheriff's bond (6/25/17)3
Downtown merchants' open house tonight
A special event involving two dozen merchants is expected to bring holiday shoppers to Cape Girardeau's downtown tonight. It is the Downtown Christmas Open House from 6 to 9 p.m. Participating merchants will not only stay open late, but they will create a holiday atmosphere for everyone.
It's a historical event because it has been a long time since downtown was open for retail business at night.
Refreshments will be served. There will be carolers, photos with Santa Claus, buggy rides and drawings for door prizes.
Every shopper who visits downtown during the open house will have an opportunity to qualify for a $2,000 shopping spree. Each entry sheet must be stamped by at least 12 of the 24 participating merchants. This special drawing will be held at 5:30 p.m. Monday at the Main Street clock.
Be sure to stop in for a visit at these participating downtown merchants: Renaissance, Ye Ole House, Port Cape Girardeau, Mollie's Cafe & Bar, Bella Italia Ristorante, Brick Street Gallery, Dockside Consignments, C.P. McGinty Jewelers, Jayson Jewelers, Zickfield Jewelers, My Daddy's Cheesecake, Kids Wear Again, Brown's Shoe Fit, Lang Jewelers, Hale's Fine Jewelry, Hecht's Store, Hecht's Woman, Annie Em's, Hutson's Fine Furniture, Royal N'Orleans Restaurant, Broussard's Cajun Cuisine, Shivelbine's Music Store, Bob's Shoe Service and Patricia Ann's.
The Southeast Missourian, sponsor of tonight's open house, also will be open as a gesture of our support.