- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)10
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Gunman surrenders, releases hostages
LONDON -- A gunman holding four employees hostage at a bank in central London on Thursday surrendered after a two-hour standoff with police.
The unidentified suspect was taken into custody by police, who had surrounded the HSBC bank on Buckingham Palace Road, just 300 yards from Scotland Yard.
Nobody was injured in the standoff, which police said appeared to be a robbery attempt. A second man who was believed to be part of the robbery attempt was arrested earlier outside the bank.
Police told The Associated Press that four staff members were in the building at the time.
A wide area around the bank was cordoned off, causing a huge traffic snarl in the city center.