- Dashcam video of Lowe's truck crash going viral (7/26/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- Wreck flips Lowe's truck in Cape (7/25/17)4
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Major Case Squad seeks woman in connection with homicide investigation (7/26/17)
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Painted-rock hunts catch fire in Cape area (7/20/17)
Gunman surrenders, releases hostages
LONDON -- A gunman holding four employees hostage at a bank in central London on Thursday surrendered after a two-hour standoff with police.
The unidentified suspect was taken into custody by police, who had surrounded the HSBC bank on Buckingham Palace Road, just 300 yards from Scotland Yard.
Nobody was injured in the standoff, which police said appeared to be a robbery attempt. A second man who was believed to be part of the robbery attempt was arrested earlier outside the bank.
Police told The Associated Press that four staff members were in the building at the time.
A wide area around the bank was cordoned off, causing a huge traffic snarl in the city center.