- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
Gunman surrenders, releases hostages
LONDON -- A gunman holding four employees hostage at a bank in central London on Thursday surrendered after a two-hour standoff with police.
The unidentified suspect was taken into custody by police, who had surrounded the HSBC bank on Buckingham Palace Road, just 300 yards from Scotland Yard.
Nobody was injured in the standoff, which police said appeared to be a robbery attempt. A second man who was believed to be part of the robbery attempt was arrested earlier outside the bank.
Police told The Associated Press that four staff members were in the building at the time.
A wide area around the bank was cordoned off, causing a huge traffic snarl in the city center.