- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
Two Tibetans sentenced in bombings in China's west
SHANGHAI, China -- One Tibetan was sentenced to death and a second identified by activists as a Buddhist leader received a suspended death sentence for three bombings blamed on Tibetan independence supporters, a police official said Thursday.
Two bombings last year killed one person and injured another in the Ganzi region of Sichuan province in China's west, the official said by telephone from Ganzi. A third bomb went off in April in a park in the provincial capital of Chengdu. Sichuan borders Tibet and has a community of ethnic Tibetans.
Both men were sentenced Monday.