- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)14
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Two Tibetans sentenced in bombings in China's west
SHANGHAI, China -- One Tibetan was sentenced to death and a second identified by activists as a Buddhist leader received a suspended death sentence for three bombings blamed on Tibetan independence supporters, a police official said Thursday.
Two bombings last year killed one person and injured another in the Ganzi region of Sichuan province in China's west, the official said by telephone from Ganzi. A third bomb went off in April in a park in the provincial capital of Chengdu. Sichuan borders Tibet and has a community of ethnic Tibetans.
Both men were sentenced Monday.