- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Jackson woman accused of trying to hit another with her truck (6/15/17)
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)1
- Police search for two suspects in abduction, robbery case; victim found unharmed in Scott County field (6/16/17)1
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Racial disparity of traffic stops inches upward in Cape (6/15/17)6
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
Two Tibetans sentenced in bombings in China's west
SHANGHAI, China -- One Tibetan was sentenced to death and a second identified by activists as a Buddhist leader received a suspended death sentence for three bombings blamed on Tibetan independence supporters, a police official said Thursday.
Two bombings last year killed one person and injured another in the Ganzi region of Sichuan province in China's west, the official said by telephone from Ganzi. A third bomb went off in April in a park in the provincial capital of Chengdu. Sichuan borders Tibet and has a community of ethnic Tibetans.
Both men were sentenced Monday.