- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
Two Tibetans sentenced in bombings in China's west
SHANGHAI, China -- One Tibetan was sentenced to death and a second identified by activists as a Buddhist leader received a suspended death sentence for three bombings blamed on Tibetan independence supporters, a police official said Thursday.
Two bombings last year killed one person and injured another in the Ganzi region of Sichuan province in China's west, the official said by telephone from Ganzi. A third bomb went off in April in a park in the provincial capital of Chengdu. Sichuan borders Tibet and has a community of ethnic Tibetans.
Both men were sentenced Monday.