- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- The funeral for Mary Marcella Elledge of Chaffee will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee. The Rev. Billy Anders will officiate. Burial will be in Forest Hills Memorial Gardens near Morley, Mo.
Friends may call at the funeral home after 4 p.m. today.
Elledge, 72, died Sunday, Dec. 1, 2002, at her home.
She was born June 2, 1930, in St. Louis, daughter of James and Minnie Ditterline Simmons. She first married Virgle Wicker in 1946. He preceded her in death. She and Paul "Pete" Elledge were married April 13, 1969.
Elledge had been a machine operator at Carr Textiles, a clerk at Dollar General Store, and retired as a machine operator at Columbia Sportswear.
Survivors include her husband; four daughters, Naomi Whitlock of Chaffee, Kay Seyer of Jackson, Judy DeMoro of Nixa, Mo., Debbie Mowery of Jackson; two stepsons, Mike Elledge of Port Charlotte, Fla., Doyle Elledge of Crestview, Fla.; a brother, Paul Simmons of Oran, Mo.; a sister, Virginia Dennis of Chaffee; 26 grandchildren; and 26 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, two brothers, and three grandsons.