- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Charles E. "Fritz" Vogelsang, 64, of Louisville, Ky., died Sunday, Nov. 24, 2002, at Norton Southwest Hospital in Louisville.
He was the son of Ervin and Emilie Vogelsang of Cape Girardeau. He married the former Sandra Armstrong.
Vogelsang retired as a machine operator at Tube Turns. He was a member of Faith Lutheran Church.
He served in the U.S. Marine Corps.
Survivors include his wife; a son, William Vogelsang of Scotland; two daughters, Elizabeth Sanders of Louisville, Barbara Vogelsang of Olympia, Wash.; three brothers, Calvin and Ervin Vogelsang of Cape Girardeau, Bob Vogelsang of Farmington, Mo.; three sisters, Vernice Baumstark of Cape Girardeau, Vera Phillips of Clinton, Miss., Erma Oliver of Columbia, Mo.; and two granddaughters.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers, and a sister.
The funeral was held Nov. 27 at J.B. Ratterman's Southwest Funeral Home in Louisville. Burial was in Louisville Memorial Gardens West.