- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Elaine L. McBride, 78, passed away Monday, Dec. 2, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 23, 1923, in Jackson, daughter of Clarence and Agnes Dale Lett Reitzel. She and Khurman "Cutter" McBride were married Aug. 12, 1942. He passed away March 11, 1993.
Elaine was a 1941 graduate of Jackson High School. She had worked at Thorngate Ltd. in Cape Girardeau and the former Litz Poultry in Jackson. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Jackson.
Loving survivors include a daughter and son-in-law, Marsha and Eual "Butch" Heacox of Eureka, Mo.; two grandsons, Bill Baker and Eric Baker of Eureka; a stepgrandson, Tim Heacox Jaynes of Sikeston, Mo.; a great-stepgranddaughter, Rory Heacox Jaynes; and a brother, Dayton Reitzel of Colorado.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
Funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. The Rev. Sam Roethemeyer will officiate. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to the American Cancer Society or First Baptist Church in Jackson.