- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jackson board of aldermen actions 12/3
Held hearing to consider voluntary annexation of 5.97 acres of property owned by Mr. and Mrs. Larry Borgfield.
Power and Light Committee
Set a public hearing for 7:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 16, 2002, to allow citizens the opportunity to comment on the city's performance in carrying out the Community Development Block Grant for the Midwest Sterilization/Dogwood Avenue Project.
Accepted the dedication of a sanitary sewer easement deed from Eli J. Branscum.
Authorized a contractual agreement with Koehler Engineering and Land Surveying Inc. of Cape Girardeau relative to additional engineering services for the development of the City Flood Study.
Authorized a contractual agreement with Schultz Engineering Services Inc. of Poplar Bluff, Mo., relative to an Electric Cost of Service and Rate Class Design Study.
Passed a motion to barricade streets for the annual Jaycee Christmas parade at 1 p.m. Dec. 7.
Approved the final plat of Klaus Park Village Subdivision, Phase 3, as submitted by Alan Amtmann, representing James Green Management Corporation.
Terminated a special use permit for a community unit plan in an R-3 (general residential) District in Klaus Park Village Subdivision, Phase 2, as requested by Alan Amtmann, representing James Green Management Corporation.
Approved the minor subdivision plat of Resubdivision of Lot 6 of
Green Meadows 2nd Subdivision as submitted by Mr. and Mrs. Wayne Maupin and Mr. and Mrs. Howard Alexander.
Authorized a contractual agreement with the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission relative to the Highway 34/72 Improvements Project Municipal Agreement.
Authorized a contractual agreement with Waters Engineering Inc. of Sikeston, Mo., for engineering services relative to the development of a hiking/biking trail along West Independence Street. The trail connecting City Park and the Jackson Middle School will cost $225,000. Eighty percent of the cost will be covered by state and federal funding.