- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Tom Glavine probably will decide this week on where he'll pitch next year. The two-time Cy Young Award winner is being courted by the Mets, Philadelphia and Atlanta, but hasn't heard from the Braves in a week.
Reliever Mike Remlinger intends to leave the Atlanta Braves to sign with the Chicago Cubs. The contract is contingent on the left-hander passing a physical and an announcement could come as early as today. The deal is for three years and worth about $11 million.
Milwaukee Bucks forward Toni Kukoc could miss up to six weeks after right thumb surgery.
Kentucky junior guard Antwain Barbour will be sidelined at least five weeks after breaking his left hand in practice Sunday. The 6-foot-5 Barbour started Kentucky's three games in last week's Maui Invitational and averaged 7.3 points and three assists.
An athlete with a food issue
It won't rank up there with Charles Barkley having to kiss a donkey on national TV, but Australian golfer Karrie Webb made a wager she probably would like to forget. After Annika Sorenstam won eight LPGA Tour events in 2001, Webb said she would eat her hat if Sorenstam could repeat that feat this year.
Would you believe ... 11 tour victories by Annika this year?
"Gulp. What best complements a cotton chapeau, red or white wine?" wrote Steve Elling in the Orlando Sentinel. "Care for an order of Vegemite with that, miss? Perhaps it'll go down easier as a sandwich."
Responded Webb: "I might have to add some salt and tomato sauce to it."
Webb can afford a sense of humor, since crow undoubtedly tastes more like chicken than donkey.
Terry Bradshaw, as quoted by the Saskatoon StarPhoenix's Cam Hutchinson, on not being chosen for People magazine's list of sexiest men: "If I am not the sexiest man alive, explain why so many women married me?"
-- From wire reports