- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Frohna man sentenced for weapons offense
A Perry County man was sentenced to 92 months in jail Monday for unlawfully possessing a firearm and making false statements to a federally licensed firearms dealer.
On Dec. 29, 2000, Joseph J. Little, 36, of Frohna, Mo., allegedly agreed to acquire a firearm from B&R Guns and Pawn in Perryville. When filling out a required federal form, he answered "no" to the question asking if he had ever been convicted of a crime for which he could have been imprisoned for more than a year.
In 1985, Little was convicted for the felony of burglary. Five years later, he was convicted of the felony of unlawful possession of a weapon by a felon and in 1991, he was convicted of unlawful delivery of a controlled substance and unlawful possession of a controlled substance with the intent to distribute.
Also on Monday, Mark Wade Christisen, 25, of Perryville, was sentenced to 15 months on being a previously convicted felon in possession of a firearm.
On Aug. 5, 2001, while a passenger in a vehicle, Christisen was contacted by a Perryville city police officer concerning a report that Christisen was in possession of a firearm.
He admitted that the firearm was in his possession. Christisen had been convicted in 1998 of the felony of unlawful use of a weapon.