- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)12
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Train wreck leaves 38 injured in Switzerland
WIENACHT-TOBEL, Switzerland -- An incorrectly set railway switch sent a passenger train crashing into a rock wall in northern Switzerland Sunday, injuring 38 passengers, police said.
The train, carrying as many as 150 passengers, was just leaving the station at Wienacht-Tobel near Lake Constance when the accident occurred, police spokesman Hanspeter Kruesi said.
The improperly positioned switch sent the train onto a side track that ended in front of the rock wall.
Four people were hospitalized with serious injuries, Kruesi said.
The locomotive was pushing the three passenger cars when the accident occurred, police said. The speed of the train had not been determined.
Police initially said 44 people were injured but later reduced that count.