- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Train wreck leaves 38 injured in Switzerland
WIENACHT-TOBEL, Switzerland -- An incorrectly set railway switch sent a passenger train crashing into a rock wall in northern Switzerland Sunday, injuring 38 passengers, police said.
The train, carrying as many as 150 passengers, was just leaving the station at Wienacht-Tobel near Lake Constance when the accident occurred, police spokesman Hanspeter Kruesi said.
The improperly positioned switch sent the train onto a side track that ended in front of the rock wall.
Four people were hospitalized with serious injuries, Kruesi said.
The locomotive was pushing the three passenger cars when the accident occurred, police said. The speed of the train had not been determined.
Police initially said 44 people were injured but later reduced that count.