- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Sidney Dixon, 75, of Jonesboro died Thursday, Nov. 28, 2002, at his home.
He was born July 10, 1927, at Dongola, Ill., son of Floyd and Beatrice Sowers Dixon.
He was a member of Valley Mission Pentecostal Church and was a retired logger.
Survivors include his wife, Mary Dixon; two sons, Floyd Dixon of Cape Girardeau and Kenny Dixon of Jonesboro; three stepsons, Ronnie Hammond of West Plains, Mo., Jerry Bracken and Darrell Bracken, both of Dongola; three stepdaughters, Elaine Marr of Fenton, Ill., Mary Ann Batson of Perks, Ill., and Carol Pierce of Texas; a brother, Bill Sullens of Cobden, Ill.; two grandsons; and several stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three stepsons.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Crain Funeral Home in Dongola.
Funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Billy Freeman officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Cemetery.