- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Grace Davis, 108, of Mount Vernon, Ill., formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Thursday, Nov. 28, 2002, at the Mount Vernon Countryside Manor.
She was born Jan. 26, 1894, at Benton, Ill., daughter of James Monroe and Mary Ellen Burk Rice. She married Charles Elever Davis. He died June 26, 1994.
She was a member of the First United Pentecostal Church of Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include two nieces.
She was preceded in death by one sister and two brothers.
Friends may call at Hobbs-Johnson Funeral Home from 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 3 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. Burial will be in the Masonic and Odd Fellows Cemetery in Benton.