- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Grace Davis, 108, of Mount Vernon, Ill., formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Thursday, Nov. 28, 2002, at the Mount Vernon Countryside Manor.
She was born Jan. 26, 1894, at Benton, Ill., daughter of James Monroe and Mary Ellen Burk Rice. She married Charles Elever Davis. He died June 26, 1994.
She was a member of the First United Pentecostal Church of Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include two nieces.
She was preceded in death by one sister and two brothers.
Friends may call at Hobbs-Johnson Funeral Home from 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 3 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. Burial will be in the Masonic and Odd Fellows Cemetery in Benton.