- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Marquette project looking for info and photographs
To the editor:
The Marquette Towers is now in its final discovery phase prior to interior renovation and historical restoration work.
We would like to ask the community to assist us by sending letters of their memories and experiences with the Marquette. If they have early pictures we can make copies of, we would include those in a historical documentation of the project as well. Especially important would be pictures of the hotel lobby and mezzanine so we can properly duplicate them for historical preservation.
Information and photos may be brought to our office at 230 N. Sprigg. Or they may be mailed to Marquette Project, in care of Meyer Realty, P.O. Box 661, Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63702.
This is an exciting project for the area, and we appreciate all the community support we have received.
THOMAS M. MEYER,
Thomas L. Meyer Realty Co.