- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)1
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Marquette project looking for info and photographs
To the editor:
The Marquette Towers is now in its final discovery phase prior to interior renovation and historical restoration work.
We would like to ask the community to assist us by sending letters of their memories and experiences with the Marquette. If they have early pictures we can make copies of, we would include those in a historical documentation of the project as well. Especially important would be pictures of the hotel lobby and mezzanine so we can properly duplicate them for historical preservation.
Information and photos may be brought to our office at 230 N. Sprigg. Or they may be mailed to Marquette Project, in care of Meyer Realty, P.O. Box 661, Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63702.
This is an exciting project for the area, and we appreciate all the community support we have received.
THOMAS M. MEYER,
Thomas L. Meyer Realty Co.