- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)14
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Marquette project looking for info and photographs
To the editor:
The Marquette Towers is now in its final discovery phase prior to interior renovation and historical restoration work.
We would like to ask the community to assist us by sending letters of their memories and experiences with the Marquette. If they have early pictures we can make copies of, we would include those in a historical documentation of the project as well. Especially important would be pictures of the hotel lobby and mezzanine so we can properly duplicate them for historical preservation.
Information and photos may be brought to our office at 230 N. Sprigg. Or they may be mailed to Marquette Project, in care of Meyer Realty, P.O. Box 661, Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63702.
This is an exciting project for the area, and we appreciate all the community support we have received.
THOMAS M. MEYER,
Thomas L. Meyer Realty Co.