- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Marquette project looking for info and photographs
To the editor:
The Marquette Towers is now in its final discovery phase prior to interior renovation and historical restoration work.
We would like to ask the community to assist us by sending letters of their memories and experiences with the Marquette. If they have early pictures we can make copies of, we would include those in a historical documentation of the project as well. Especially important would be pictures of the hotel lobby and mezzanine so we can properly duplicate them for historical preservation.
Information and photos may be brought to our office at 230 N. Sprigg. Or they may be mailed to Marquette Project, in care of Meyer Realty, P.O. Box 661, Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63702.
This is an exciting project for the area, and we appreciate all the community support we have received.
THOMAS M. MEYER,
Thomas L. Meyer Realty Co.