- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)5
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
Marquette project looking for info and photographs
To the editor:
The Marquette Towers is now in its final discovery phase prior to interior renovation and historical restoration work.
We would like to ask the community to assist us by sending letters of their memories and experiences with the Marquette. If they have early pictures we can make copies of, we would include those in a historical documentation of the project as well. Especially important would be pictures of the hotel lobby and mezzanine so we can properly duplicate them for historical preservation.
Information and photos may be brought to our office at 230 N. Sprigg. Or they may be mailed to Marquette Project, in care of Meyer Realty, P.O. Box 661, Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63702.
This is an exciting project for the area, and we appreciate all the community support we have received.
THOMAS M. MEYER,
Thomas L. Meyer Realty Co.