- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Marquette project looking for info and photographs
To the editor:
The Marquette Towers is now in its final discovery phase prior to interior renovation and historical restoration work.
We would like to ask the community to assist us by sending letters of their memories and experiences with the Marquette. If they have early pictures we can make copies of, we would include those in a historical documentation of the project as well. Especially important would be pictures of the hotel lobby and mezzanine so we can properly duplicate them for historical preservation.
Information and photos may be brought to our office at 230 N. Sprigg. Or they may be mailed to Marquette Project, in care of Meyer Realty, P.O. Box 661, Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63702.
This is an exciting project for the area, and we appreciate all the community support we have received.
THOMAS M. MEYER,
Thomas L. Meyer Realty Co.