- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Mother needs help with long Christmas wish list
A Cape Girardeau mother of four has a long Christmas wish list from her children but little money to spend.
She has asked for help through Toybox, a joint program of the Cape Girardeau Jaycees and the Southeast Missourian.
Her children are 8 months, 3, 7 and 13. The youngest is her only son.
The 7-year-old has asked for baby dolls, an Easy Bake oven, a doll stroller and paper dolls. The toddler wants a stroller, Elmo tape recorder, shopping cart and Sesame Street toys.
The oldest, 13, wants new CDs and a personal CD player with headphones. She'd also like a lava lamp and some hand-held electronic games. She also wants a blow dryer and earrings.
Donations of new, unused toys are being collected at Southeast Missourian offices in Cape Girardeau and Jackson, AAA Travel Agency, First National Bank, First Missouri State Bank, Bank of America, Sanders True Value, Bank of Missouri, Capaha Bank, Cingular Wireless, Union Planters Bank, Alliance Bank, Toys R Us, Commerce Bank, Westfield Shoppingtown West Park, U.S. Bank and Wehrenberg Theatres.
Applications for the Toybox program are being accepted through Dec. 6 at the Salvation Army office, 701 Good Hope. Applicants must provide a Social Security number for each child listed and proof of residence. Applications are accepted between 10 a.m. and noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Tax-deductible contributions can be mailed to Toybox Trust at P.O. Box 4, Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63702-0004.