- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Hutson window display unveiled
The Southeast Missourian
Hutson Furniture's annual holiday window display will be unveiled at 10 a.m. today. Though the downtown Cape Girardeau store sets up a different exhibit each Thanksgiving, this season's is a repeat from three years ago. It is a replica of Silverton, Colo., an old mining town.
The Hutson window display is going on 40 years, according to Chris Hutson. Family members who participate in the annual effort include Jeff and Anne Hutson, Jason Hutson, Charlie and Judi Hutson, Dave Hutson, and Chris and Jerra Hutson.
The Silverton display is 24 feet long and 8 feet wide. It includes eight trains. Hutson Furniture is located at 43 South Main Street.