- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
THEBES, Ill. -- The funeral for Harold Dean Baugher of Thebes will be held at 1 p.m. Friday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau. The Rev. Lacie Betts will officiate. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery at Thebes.
Friends may call at the funeral home from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
Baugher, 61, died Monday, Nov. 25, 2002, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital South in St. Louis.
He was born Jan. 31, 1941, in McClure, Ill., son of James E. and Ruth F. Backus Baugher. He and Susan K. Hale were married Dec. 21, 1962, in Thebes.
Baugher worked at Procter & Gamble 29 years, retiring in 1998. He was a member of Ware Baptist Church in Ware, Ill.
He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife; four daughters, Lisa Kirby, Mary Beth Biester and Tanya Poppen of Thebes, Chris McCaherty of High Ridge, Mo.; two brothers, Richard Baugher of Olive Branch, Ill., Darold Baugher of state of Illinois; a sister, Arlene Divine of Rock Hill, Mo.; eight grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by his parents, seven brothers, and three sisters.