- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Rev. Francis Byrne
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- The Rev. Francis A. Byrne, 68, of Perryville died Tuesday, Nov. 26, 2002, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
He was born Sept. 22, 1934, in Chicago, son of John and Margaret McShane Byrne.
Byrne entered novitiate in May 1953, professed vows in May 1955, was ordained a deacon in October 1961, and ordained a priest in June 1962, all at St. Mary's of the Barrens in Perryville.
From June 1962 until retiring at St. Mary's of the Barrens in July 1996, he served parishes in Taiwan, Republic of China; St. Louis; Chicago; Florissant, Mo.; and Las Animas, Colo. He was a hospital chaplain in St. Louis and Chicago, worked in administration in LaSalle, Ill.; and was a director of Religious Information Bureau in St. Louis.
Survivors include two brothers, John Byrne of Niles, Ill., and Charles Byrne of Chicago.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
A mass will be held at 8 a.m. Friday at St. Mary's of the Barrens in Perryville.
Friends may call at Cooney Funeral Home in Park Ridge, Ill., from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday.
Funeral Mass will also be held at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Mary's of the Woods in Chicago. Burial will be in All Saints Cemetery in Chicago, with the Rev. John Gagnepain officiating.
Young and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of local arrangements.