- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Willard C. Bergman, 83, of Perryville died Sunday, Nov. 24, 2002, at Perry Oaks Manor.
He was born Sept. 11, 1919, at Friedenberg, Mo., son of Carl and Oneida Ochs Bergman. He and Thelma Springer were married Jan. 3, 1943. She died Oct. 8, 1963.
Bergman was a retired livestock and grain farmer. He served on the Longtown Public Schools Board of Directors, and had been director of Perry County Co-Op and Missouri Farm Bureau.
He was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Perryville, held various offices at Immanuel and Friedenberg Lutheran churches, past member of Immanuel Men's Club, and Perryville Dart Ball Team.
Survivors include a son, Roger Bergman of Perryville; two brothers, Carl Bergman of St. Louis, Kenneth Bergman of Perryville; and a granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by a daughter and a sister.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home after 10 a.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Craig Otto officiating. Burial will be in Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery.