- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Bell Lovell Lane, 88, of Sikeston died Thursday, Nov. 21, 2002, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born Dec. 16, 1913, in Hoxie, Ark., daughter of Charles and Lela Bell Goman Dyer. She and Harry D. Lane were married Nov. 7, 1936. He died May 5, 1992.
Lane lived in East Prairie and Charleston, Mo., most of her life.
Survivors include a son, Ronald Lane of Lexington, Ky.; three daughters, Norma Freeman of El Centro, Calif., Judy Owens of East Prairie, Linda Jackson of Charleston; 19 grandchildren; and a number of great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter.
Friends may call at McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston after 10 a.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bob Burnes officiating. Burial will be in East Prairie Memorial Park Cemetery.