- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Betty Lou Wiggins, 74, of Jackson died Monday, Nov. 25, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 16, 1927, at Neelys Landing, daughter of Jason and Lillian Williamson Craft. She and Roscoe Eugene Wiggins were married July 5, 1946. He died June 30, 1980.
Wiggins had been working in housekeeping at Cape Residential Care in Cape Girardeau, and previously worked at the former International Shoe Co. and at Monticello House in Jackson.
She was a lifelong member of New Bethel Baptist Church at Pocahontas, a member of its Women's Missionary Union and taught Sunbeams. She was a member of VFW Auxiliary in Cape Girardeau and a volunteer at Missouri Veterans Home.
Survivors include a daughter, Beverly Wiggins of Jackson; three sons, Ronald and Terry Wiggins of Pocahontas, Billy Wiggins of Fredericktown, Mo.; four sisters, Kathryn Penrod, Pat Schenimann and Delores King, all of Jackson, Judy Ward of Millersville; 11 grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. John Rhodes and Jack Bishop officiating. Burial will be in New Bethel Cemetery.