- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Clara Basse Purtle, 91, of Topeka, Kan., formerly of Anna, died Friday, Nov. 22, 2002, at Cypress Village Nursing Home in Jacksonville, Fla.
She was born Oct. 19, 1911, in Pulaski County, Ill., daughter of William and Bertha Studer Basse.
She married George Purtle. He died in 1956.
She was a member of the Christ the King Catholic Church in Jacksonville. She had been a teacher but in later years worked for and retired from the Anna State Hospital.
Survivors include a son, George Purtle of Topeka.
She was preceded in death by five brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. Monday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with Monsignor Tom Miller officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.