- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Donnie L. Jestus, 49, of Jackson died on Friday, Nov. 22, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born Sept. 23, 1953, at Cairo, Ill., son of Charles P. and Mary Ella Moore Jestus.
He and Terri M. Petry were married Aug. 15, 1981, at Jackson.
He graduated from Cairo High School and attended Cairo vocational school.
He was self-employed as an electrician. He also worked for K's Merchandise in Cape Girardeau and as manager for Cape Skate.
Survivors include his wife of Jackson; his mother, Mary Jestus of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Andrea Jestus of Jackson; a brother, Phillip Jestus of Cape Girardeau; and a sister, Charlotte Blaylock of Calvert City, Ky.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford & Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. on Monday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. William Marshall officiating. Burial will be in Baker Cemetery at Marble Hill, Mo.