- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)27
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)8
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Cape Girardeau jogger hears racial slurs
To the editor:
I'm the Colorado-based caller who was responded to in Speak Out. Let me remind you that I'm an American citizen. My family sought political asylum when I was 3 years old.
The Speak Out caller mentioned racial profiling. I'm a proponent of racial profiling. What I'm not in favor of is being degraded and jeered at while jogging through the fine city of Cape Girardeau.
I've recently purchased real estate in Cape Girardeau. Not only do I contribute to the financial prosperity through the city's restaurant and hotel tax, I'm paying real estate and school taxes. In my opinion, that gives me a vested interest in the way Cape Girardeau appears to visitors and residents alike.
I don't appreciate having racial slurs screamed at me while I'm enjoying a jog through the university or when walking through the mall.