- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Thanks for all the aid following fall down steps
To the editor:
This is a letter of thanks to all of the good people who aided me after my fall down the hard concrete steps at the Show Me Center. I attended the very beautiful Moscow Ballet production. As I was leaving, I started down the steps. Somehow my foot slipped, and I fell head first down three hard steps, coming to rest on my hip and back. There were no broken bones.
I would like for everyone who helped me to know how grateful I am for their efforts. It was a painful finale to a most enjoyable evening of ballet.
VIRGINIA B. HECKROTTE