- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
Thanks for all the aid following fall down steps
To the editor:
This is a letter of thanks to all of the good people who aided me after my fall down the hard concrete steps at the Show Me Center. I attended the very beautiful Moscow Ballet production. As I was leaving, I started down the steps. Somehow my foot slipped, and I fell head first down three hard steps, coming to rest on my hip and back. There were no broken bones.
I would like for everyone who helped me to know how grateful I am for their efforts. It was a painful finale to a most enjoyable evening of ballet.
VIRGINIA B. HECKROTTE