- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Thanks for all the aid following fall down steps
To the editor:
This is a letter of thanks to all of the good people who aided me after my fall down the hard concrete steps at the Show Me Center. I attended the very beautiful Moscow Ballet production. As I was leaving, I started down the steps. Somehow my foot slipped, and I fell head first down three hard steps, coming to rest on my hip and back. There were no broken bones.
I would like for everyone who helped me to know how grateful I am for their efforts. It was a painful finale to a most enjoyable evening of ballet.
VIRGINIA B. HECKROTTE