- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Girl, 4, wanders near busy road after left on bus
WELLSTON, Mo. -- A school bus driver has been suspended and the bus company was investigating after a 4-year-old girl was left on the bus and then wandered along a busy street.
It happened Thursday afternoon. The girl is enrolled in a preschool program in the Wellston School District in St. Louis County.
Police say she fell asleep on the Laidlaw school bus. She woke up alone at the bus lot and wandered out close to Page Avenue.
Laidlaw officials say the driver is a 12-year veteran who apparently had no major incidents on her record.