- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
The funeral for Ella Jane Tidwell of Millersville will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson. The Revs. Jerry Sander and Vernon Long will officiate. Burial will be in Fairview Cemetery near Millersville.
Friends may call at the funeral home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
Tidwell, 84, died Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 15, 1918, near Poplar Bluff, Mo., daughter of Francis L. and Pearlie Miller Uhl. She and Wesley Mac Tidwell were married July 11, 1943. He died April 19, 1993.
Tidwell retired from Bussmann Fuse Manufacturing in St. Louis. She attended Jackson Freewill Baptist Church.
Survivors include two sons, Rick Tidwell of Millersville, Dale Tidwell of Fredericktown, Mo.; a brother, Robert Uhl of Poplar Bluff; three sisters, Geraldine Webb of Summersville, Mo., Naomi Barnes of Mountain View, Ark., Bertha Williams; four grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers, seven sisters, and two grandchildren.