- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Mabel E. Butler, 86, of Cape Girardeau, died Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2002, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center.
She was born Nov. 18, 1916, in Weakley County, Tenn., daughter of Allen N. and Novy Pearl Wallace Box. She and Fred D. Butler were married Feb. 23, 1935, in Greenfield, Tenn. He died Jan. 24, 1977.
Survivors include two sons, Jerry Butler of Springfield, Va., T.R. Butler of Prescott, Ariz.; two daughters, Nova Newton and Beth Butler of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Polly Grassel of Zion, Ill., Vexie Bosak of Libertyville, Ill.; 11 grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two daughters, two brothers, two sisters, and two great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Bodkin Funeral Home in Milan, Tenn., after noon Saturday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Gene Eudy officiating. Burial will be in Oakwood Cemetery at Milan.
A memorial service will be held at 4 p.m. Dec. 1 at Bethany Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau.
Announcement courtesy of Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.