- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Mary Frances Thompson, 51, of Camdenton, Mo., died Sunday, Nov. 17, 2002, in Holbrook, Ariz.
She was born Dec. 10, 1950, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Elam Jakob and Ruth K. O'Neal Russell.
Thompson was a truck driver with IWX Trucking Co. in Springfield, Mo.
Survivors include two sons, Richard Thompson Jr. of Springfield, Brian Thompson of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Michelle Schirmer of Altenburg, Mo.; a brother, Bobby Russell of Jackson; two sisters, Joanie Gribble and Martha Eaker of Cape Girardeau; a friend, Jim Phelps of Camdenton; and four grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jim Hogue officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery at Jackson.