- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Police: Nurse assistant stole ring from patient's finger (10/27/16)10
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)10
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Cape teacher resigns after accusation of assaulting student at football game (10/26/16)11
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Stella Walden, 89, of Sikeston died Sunday, Nov. 17, 2002, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born April 22, 1913, in Banner, Ky., daughter of Barley and Polly Ann Jones. She and Burrel Ellis Walden were married Aug. 22, 1945, in Ogden, Utah. He died May 2, 1998.
Walden was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Survivors include three sons, Harry Walden of Millington, Mich., Robert Walden of Cape Girardeau, Charles Walden of Wernersville, Pa.; two daughters, Carla Walter of Florissant, Mo., Carol Kramer of Wildwood, Mo.; a sister, Kathryn Ross of Chaffee, Mo.; 11 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.