- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)59
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Stella Walden, 89, of Sikeston died Sunday, Nov. 17, 2002, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born April 22, 1913, in Banner, Ky., daughter of Barley and Polly Ann Jones. She and Burrel Ellis Walden were married Aug. 22, 1945, in Ogden, Utah. He died May 2, 1998.
Walden was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Survivors include three sons, Harry Walden of Millington, Mich., Robert Walden of Cape Girardeau, Charles Walden of Wernersville, Pa.; two daughters, Carla Walter of Florissant, Mo., Carol Kramer of Wildwood, Mo.; a sister, Kathryn Ross of Chaffee, Mo.; 11 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.