- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Stella Walden, 89, of Sikeston died Sunday, Nov. 17, 2002, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born April 22, 1913, in Banner, Ky., daughter of Barley and Polly Ann Jones. She and Burrel Ellis Walden were married Aug. 22, 1945, in Ogden, Utah. He died May 2, 1998.
Walden was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Survivors include three sons, Harry Walden of Millington, Mich., Robert Walden of Cape Girardeau, Charles Walden of Wernersville, Pa.; two daughters, Carla Walter of Florissant, Mo., Carol Kramer of Wildwood, Mo.; a sister, Kathryn Ross of Chaffee, Mo.; 11 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.