- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Robert Dale "Bob" Urban, 53, of Parker, Colo., died Sunday, Nov. 17, 2002, at Aurora Care Center in Aurora, Colo., following an extended illness.
He was born Nov. 1, 1949, in Sikeston, son of Dr. E.D. and Jane Grugett Urban.
Urban attended Missouri Military Academy, graduated from Sikeston High School in 1967 and received a bachelor of science degree in accounting from Memphis State University in Memphis, Tenn., in 1973.
He moved to Colorado, where he was a personal accountant, and also was a bookkeeper and accountant for an oil company in Denver, Colo. He received his real estate broker's license and was a broker associate with Keller Williams Realty Co. in Denver.
Urban was a lifelong member of First Christian Church in Sikeston.
Survivors include a son, Trevor Urban of Aurora; a daughter, Shera Hildenbrand of Aurora; and a brother, David Urban of Columbia, Mo.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Allen Shriver and Mary McCord officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery.