- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Authorities report arrest on drug-related charges
A tip from an informant led police to arrest a Cape Girardeau man Thursday for allegedly having powder cocaine and crack cocaine in his car.
David W. Riley, 39, was located by police at Huck's at 353 S. Kingshighway with approximately 7 grams of powder cocaine and 1 to 5 grams of crack cocaine in his possession, according to a probable cause statement by patrolman Paul Tipler.
Riley was charged with two felonies for possession of a controlled substance. He was released Friday on a $7,500 bond.
The suspect was convicted April 4, 1983, of two counts of felony burglary and one count felony stealing. He was convicted of felony escape from custody on July 17, 1985.