- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
St. Peters man enters guilty plea in theft case
For not living up to a promise he made to the owners of Crosnoe Gold and Silver in Cape Girardeau, Clifford W. Dunn, 40, of St. Peters, Mo., will spend the next four years in prison for felony stealing.
Dunn pleaded guilty Monday to stealing $8,000 the store owners entrusted him with to buy a collection of rare coins from a St. Charles, Mo., dealer, said Cape Girardeau County Prosecuting Attorney Morley Swingle. Instead, Dunn pocketed the cash and never went back to the store.
Dunn also faces two felonies for writing bad checks in Cape Girardeau County.