- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Effie Inez "Bobby" Holly, 89, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Nov. 16, 2002, at Chateau Girardeau Health Care Center.
She was born Aug. 10, 1913, in Aransas Pass, Texas, daughter of William A. and Effie Green McCulley. She and Henry Zeylon Holly were married June 8, 1937, in Stamps, Ark. He died Oct. 15, 1976.
She grew up in Hope, Ark., and lived in several places before moving to Cape Girardeau in 1978. She was a graduate of the Fayetteville Business College in Fayetteville, Ark., attended Magnolia A&M, now Southern Arkansas University. She worked in the psychiatric division of University of Arkansas as a stenographer. She retired from the Arkansas State Welfare Department.
Survivors include a son, William Holly of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Carolyn Jo Holly Pace of Twinsburg, Ohio; five grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son; three brothers; and a sister.
Visitation will be Tuesday afternoon at Herndon Funeral Home in Hope. A graveside funeral service will be Wednesday at Rose Hill Cemetery in Hope.
Announcement courtesy of Ford & Sons Funeral Home.