- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Lois Lee, 89, of Advance died Friday, Nov. 15, 2002, at the Advance Nursing Center.
She was born Sept. 17, 1913, at McGee, daughter of Noah and Elvira Whitner Shell. She and Jess Lee were married Jan. 31, 1949, at Advance. He died Jan. 15, 1973.
She was a member of the Sturdivant General Baptist Church.
Survivors include one son, Dennis Wayne Lee of Dexter, Mo.; two daughters, Irene Payton of Dexter and Lorene Lee of Advance; one brother, Lester Shell of Dexter; one sister, Letty Bess of Advance; 12 grandchildren; and several great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call at the Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Cotus James and Kenneth Biggs officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.